Toronto Life - The Informer

Insider intel on the politics and personalities shaping the city. Sign up for Preview newsletter for weekly updates

People

29 Comments

The Rob Ford Family Tree

They call themselves the Canadian Kennedys. You be the judge

Think you know everything you ever wanted to know (and lots you really didn’t) about Rob Ford and kin? Think again. The political tradition that began with Doug Sr. and continues with Rob and Doug may carry on with Mikey, who’s rumoured to be gearing up to run for council sooner or later. He’s not the only member of the third generation to enjoy the limelight. Here, a genealogical guide to Camelot North.

The Rob Ford Family Tree

The Parents

1 | Doug Ford Sr.
An ex–Tory MPP who advocated for—surprise!—tax cuts and fiscal responsibility. Met his future wife while lifeguarding at a local pool as a teen. Built Deco Labels into a thriving business. Died in 2006 at the age of 73.

2 | Ruth Diane Campbell | Age: 79
A political puppet master who began laying the groundwork for her youngest son’s reign in ’03, telling John Tory she’d back him for mayor only until it was “Robbie’s turn.”

The Siblings and their Significant Others

3 | Jeff Pressley | Age: 54
Married Kathy in 1982, when they were fresh-faced 22-year-olds. They separated seven years later. Pressley hightailed it to Edmonton, remarried and now owns a flooring company in Barrie.

4 | Kathy Ford | Age: 53
The eldest Fordlet once ran a gift-basket business called Anything Goes out of her mom’s house. Has struggled with heroin addiction. Was convicted in 2012 for stealing toothbrushes from Zellers.

5 | Ennio Stirpe | Age: 63
Dated Kathy until ’98, when she shacked up with carpenter, kick-boxer and white supremacist Michael Kiklas, whom Stirpe killed with a shotgun. Stirpe is in prison for stabbing an ex-girlfriend.

6 | Randy Ford | Age: 52
Known for his Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy aesthetic—he rarely removes his signature Stetson—and bad-boy track record: by age 33, he’d been arrested 17 times. Today, he’s a director at Deco Labels.

7 | Lisa Dolson | Age: 48
A former hairstylist who dated Randy for 11 years. They were engaged but never married. Two weeks before the birth of their son, they split, and Lisa left the city. She tries to stay out of Fordian affairs.

8 | Doug Ford | Age: 49
Rob’s campaign manager, best buddy and the president of Deco Labels. Loves: tax cuts, chocolate milk, kick-boxing (he’s apparently been doing it for at least 10 years), his four cats and his mutt, Buddy.

9 | Karla Middlebrook
A fitness fanatic and cheerleader who preaches healthy eating—she considers granola bars an indulgence. Posts Instagram selfies featuring Lululemon gear and her sculpted biceps.

10 | Rob Ford | Age: 45
A sports nut from birth: as a kid, he attended football camps run by the Washington Redskins and Notre Dame University, and played street hockey with future Our Lady Peace front man Raine Maida.

11 | Renata Brejniak | Age: 43
The press-shy daughter of Polish immigrants is a stay-at-home mom. She and a man named Artur Kisiki divorced in 1996, and she married the big fella in 2000.

The Kids

12 | Jennifer Pressley | Age: 27
Lives with her mom and brother around the corner from grandma in Etobicoke.

13 | Michael Ford | Age: 20
Volunteers for Rob’s campaign, studies business at Humber, works at Deco and is said to be considering a run in Ward 2.

14 | Madison and Jonathon | Ages: 8 and 4
Both kids live with their mother outside the GTA and see their father on weekends.

15 | Krista Ford | Age: 23
An ex–lingerie football player. Asked in 2011 if she’ll run for office, she said, “Ha. No. Well, not yet.”

16 | Kayla Ford | Age: 22
A peppy cheerleader and fitness buff who studied psychology at Wilfrid Laurier in Waterloo.

17 | Kara Ford | Age: 20
Studying broadcast TV at Conestoga College. Is a culture reporter for the student news program.

18 | Kyla Ford | Age: 18
A six-packed cheerleader who provides healthy recipes and workouts on her website, The Lean Queen.

19 | Stephanie and Doug Jr. | Ages: 9 and 5
Both kids are almost always kept out of the public eye.

• Alex2

The Ford Family are bears for punishment. How dare they think they deserve anyone’s respect. Bunch of wannabe gangstas.

• gg

Considering the collective criminal record of the family, I wouldn’t term them as wannabes. These people are gangsters and criminals, no different from the people their primary financial supporters in Etobicoke constantly berate and blame for everything wrong in their communities.

• http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2014/05/09/rob_ford_one_wild_night_in_march.html Bumbaclot

Good lookin’ family tree right there, folks. Not a bad apple in the bunch.

• christinaarcher

They’re not that bright, are they? Just spoiled and enritled.

• Jeremy Dangerhouse

Except they look (excuse the stereotype) like the fat American version. All they need now is to be redrawn by Drew Friedman.

• momma4660

Doug ford is obviously obsessed w “K” to daughters names but not only start w k almost identical. Is Kayla n Kyla ? Need I say more.

Dougie told me if he’d had a 5th daughter she woulda been Kyala.

• Lauren

Please stop calling them the Canadian Kennedys. We all know it’s being done ironically, but they don’t. You’re just encouraging them.

• ziurande

It’s like a nightmare reality show sitcom. UGH! Make them disappear already

• Ulyana Furtak

If I were a member of the Fords family, I would sue you for releasing personal information. Shame on you!

• Maureen55

What is the purpose of this? Are you planning on doing the same for Wynne, or other city of Toronto councillors? If not, you are just filling up space in a rag that no one reads.

• Josie Erent

Invasion of privacy…Leave the family alone…..Boycott Toronto LIFE

• Josie Erent

Would you like your family under a microscope? I doubt it…You don’t even have the guts to put your real name on this blog…

• Moran b eeghuzzar

If I were a politician who had family appearing at public functions or had my own website, I would expect public scrutiny, you doofus.

• Moran b eeghuzzar

I found it interesting…family of politicians expect & want public exposure…thus, lingerie football, websites, public apoearances, “I’m going to run”, etc., you bumbaclot!

• Alex

Hey….you forgot Robs gang family and street thugs.

• Monika

Steve Kupferman – you’re a douchbag for printing this information. Shame on you.

• wannabeayank

What a bunch of disgusting, pathetic, putrid, drug addled obese clowns.
    They are abhorrent to even look at.

• wannabeayank

It’s not personal dim wit. It can be found online dingbat.

• wannabeayank

Another person with no self respect.

• wannabeayank

Get a life, and perhaps some self esteem loser.

• Steven Roberts

When Wynne or any other city of Toronto councilors start calling their family “Canadian Kennedys”, then, yes, their family tree should also be posted.

• jean

The Kennedy’s? Oh god, that’s funny!!! Those things are mutants! The Ford’s are the ugliest, *stupidest*, most spoiled rotten clan to ever be found on Earth so far! That Mike Ford looks so much like a cross between Doug and Kathy, as I suspected, the clan is inbreeding.

• jean

Hey tard, the Ford’s are the ones that put the claim out there= learn how to read instead of sulk. Maureen? Nah, more like some ugly Ford breeding mistake!

• jean

As good looking as any gross mutant breeding mistakes =euwwwee!

• jean

Time for you to learn about the “LAW”, dumb ass! They are public figures, they put themselves in the media, whether doing the basement crack, or defending the basement crack pedler, running around in lingerie or carrying uncle crackheads pipes to his car… You can’t sue for an image you already put out there. You are such a typical Ford Nation IDIOT!

• jean

YES! PUT MY FAMILY UNDER THE MICROSCOPE. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WON’T FIND? yOU WON’T FIND ONE CRACKHEAD, NOT ONE PERSON WHO RUNS WITH GANGS, NOT ONE PERSON WHO STEALS FROM TAXPAYERS TO PAY THEIR CLOSE FRIENDS FOR FINDING A CRACK TAPE, YOU WON’T FIND A MURDER ANYWHERE CLOSE TO ANYONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS.
    Stop being a f’IDIOT! IF THEY DON’T WANT THEIR UGLY FACES UNDER A MICROSCOPE , THEY CAN GET OUT OF THE SPOT LIGHT ANY DAY AND STOP MAKING FALSE CLAIMS!! YOUR FAMILY IS OBVIOUSLY AS SCREWY AS YOU FOR YOU TO EVEN COMPARE THEM TO A BUNCH OF DRUG DEALING BASEMENT CRACKHEADS!

• jean

OK KAYLA, KYLA OR KARA ( your parents are retarded!!!). This is your only comment, who do you think you are fooling, Ford? Are you a little sensitive about your basement crack smoking uncle or just the compounded ugliness of your faces put out on display?

• jean

The ugly matriarch I can easily presume by all your nit wit comments: “If these people think they can do a better job, then they should run for Mayor.. It would be a good idea to be properly dressed.. I agree with you 100%. The media, the union hooligans and the NDP party are harassing and bullying candidates discouraging future great candidates from becoming involved in politics…Its a sad day for democracy..”
    Your’s son is a crack smoking moron, the other sons are drug dealers, Doug has an IQ of -100. There are many people who will easily take the job and do better with their hands tied behind their back with a blindfold on.