With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real-estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condo of the Week and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The place: A newly built three-bedroom townhouse near Trinity Bellwoods Park. It’s one of 45 similar homes in Urban Capital’s Trinity Bellwoods Town+Homes development.
• The agent: Paul Johnston, Right At Home Realty Inc., Brokerage
• Listed price: $1,129,000
• Sale price: $1,110,000
• Time on the market: 3 months
• The buyers: The house was snapped up by a couple who were looking for a more manageable replacement for their previous home, which was older and larger. The interior design was a powerful lure, as was the trendy location.
• The full description: House of the Week: $1.13 million for a brand-new townhouse in Trinity-Bellwoods [January 1, 2014]