With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condomonium and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The place: A three-bedroom loft in a hundred-year-old former publishing house on Wellington west of Spadina.
• The agents: Carol Austin and Kurt Diener, Re/Max Condos Plus Corporation, Brokerage
• Listed price: $2,499,000
• Sale price: $2,624,000
• Time on the market: 90 days
• The buyers: Two distinct types of buyers were most interested in this property: downsizing couples and single male professionals. After a marketing push in December, the sellers received two offers in the week before Christmas and sold for $125,000 over asking. The new owners are a couple with grown kids who were ready to move from a large house to a smaller, but still spacious, downtown condo.
• The full description: Condomonium: $2.5 million for a spacious unit with a $100,000 home theatre [October 19, 2012]