With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condomonium and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The place: A recently upgraded three-bedroom house with a one-bedroom basement apartment, a roomy master suite and a triathlon training pool that provides a steady current to swim against.
• The agents: D. Kathie Wood and Herman Daniel Wood, Harvey Kalles Real Estate
• Listed price: $1,349,000
• Sale price: A local real estate blog reports the house sold for $1,360,000, but the agents would only confirm that it went over asking.
• Time on the market: About a month
• The buyers: The sellers only lived in the home for a year before deciding the upkeep was too much for them, and they wanted to return to condo life. With school out and family vacations planned, late June and early July was not the easiest time to catch buyers’ interest. Still, a renovated detached home in a neighbourhood full of semis was enough to get interested buyers through the door and two bids on the table.