The final episode of the second season of Recipe to Riches, in which the $250,000 grand prize will be awarded, is only seven days away. From today until 4:59 p.m. on Friday, the viewers will take over as judges, casting ballots for their favourite of the season’s seven winning dishes. And in the interest of hijacking the vote, we’re holding a poll of our own, which runs until the unveiling. But first, of course, we want to play favourites. We would like to be able to say that it was a difficult decision, but the truth is that it was actually a pretty easy choice. Our tasting panel came to a near unanimous verdict: we enthusiastically endorse Tracy Rigden’s Salt-Kissed Dulce de Leche brownies. Sure, they weren’t the most adventurous entry—that probably goes to the Butter Chicken Lasagna—but they delivered chocolate, caramel and salt in a rich, guilty little package. Vote on your favourite now.
Which dish should take home the $250,000?
- Rick Matharu’s Butter Chicken Lasagna (35%, 149 Votes)
- Tracey Rigden’s Salt-Kissed Dulce de Leche Brownies (22%, 93 Votes)
- Don Harquail’s Triple Nut Toffee (16%, 69 Votes)
- Jason Keary’s Mini Cheesy Bees Nests (8%, 35 Votes)
- Cathy Ferguson’s Montreal Deli Style Dip (6%, 27 Votes)
- Stephen Childs’s Chipotle Chili Slams (6%, 26 Votes)
- Jackie Koh’s Triple “S” Korean Meatballs (7%, 22 Votes)
Total Voters: 421