Monday, June 25
- 86’D With Ivy Knight: Cool down and enjoy a sundae bar with Boreal gelato. The Drake, 1150 Queen St. W., 416-531-5042. Find out more »
- Jamie Kennedy’s Local Food Movement Dinner: Enjoy an early summer menu accompanied and inspired by Niagara’s Pondview Estate Winery. This gastronomic series features hors d’oeuvres and a four-course meal of seasonal goodness. Gilead, 4 Gilead Pl., 647-288-0680. Find out more »
- Candy-Making Seminar: Stephanie Duong of Keo Confiserie (who once worked at a three-star Michelin restaurant in France) instructs you in the delicate art of candy-making. Hosted by The Cookbook Store. Rosemill Kitchen Studio, 1 Yorkville Ave., 416-920-2665. Find out more »
- Piola’s Monday Night Mixer: Piola’s weekly Aperitivo Italiano, with cocktail and beer specials and complimentary snacks. 1165 Queen St. W., 416-477-4652. Find out more »
- Summer Pasta Making: Join chefs Scott Savoie and Shahir Massoud (Lupa, Teatro) for an all-encompassing pasta-making lesson that starts with dough and ends with sauce. Culinary Adventures Company, 201 Weston Rd., suite 101, 416-565-1730. Find out more »
- The Slice is Right: Chef Paula Bashford lets her class in on the secrets to making delicious summer pies. Those secrets will include different dough recipes and techniques and the mysteries of flavour pairings. Dish Cooking Studio, 390 Dupont St., 416-920-5559. Find out more »
Tuesday, June 26
- Dinner and The Gayest Show on Earth: Join queer Vancouver comedian Darcy Michael for a night of dinner, drinks and laughs. Gladstone Melody Bar, 1214 Queen St. W., 416-531-4635. Find out more »
- Early Summer Latin Flavours: Fight the heat with a lesson from chef Carlos Fuenmayor on how to prepare the perfect thirst-quenching mojito. The chef-owner of Sabrosito will also teach you how to prepare other Latin treats such as shrimp ceviche and empanadas. LCBO Summerhill, 10 Scrivener Sq., 416-922-0403. Find out more »
- Escape the City—Canoe and Beach Dining Adventure: Paddle to the island with the Culinary Adventure Company for a gourmet beach picnic. 416-565-1730. Find out more »
- Restaurantacular: A pilgrimage to Mount Pleasant Village to explore the gastronomic goodies this uptown neighbourhood has to offer. Restaurants, pâtisseries and cafés will all be dishing up $2, $4 and $6 treats, so save your toonies. Find out more »
- Marvelous Macarons: Thought macaron-making was only for veteran pastry chefs? Le Dolci will teach you how to whip up these fancy French treats using everyday kitchen items. Le Dolci, 1006 Dundas St. W., 416-262-3400. Find out more »
- Mario Batali Series: Learn how to cook like the Food Network guru at The Chef Upstairs. 516 Mount Pleasant Rd., 416-544-9221. Find out more »
- Early Summer Vegetarian Cocktail Party: Lesley Stoyan of Daily Apple prepares creative meatless bites such as mac-and-cheese with fresh asparagus and aged white cheddar and bloody Mary soup with pickled heirloom carrots. Kingsway LCBO, 2946 Bloor St. W., 416 239-3065. Find out more »
Wednesday, June 27
- Gilead Jazz: The jazz trio of Neil Swainson, Reg Schwager and Perry White will set the mood at this three-course Jamie Kennedy dinner. Gilead, 4 Gilead Pl., 647-288-0680. Find out more »
- Mommy and Me! Introduction to Cupcake Decorating: Mothers and daughters team up to learn the tricks of working with fondant and buttercream icing. Le Dolci, 1006 Dundas St. W., 416-262-3400. Find out more »
- Just in Time for Summer—Rosé: An LCBO expert speaks on the rosés and guides you through an international tasting of this blushing summer favourite. Kingsway LCBO, 2946 Bloor St. W., 416 239-3065. Find out more »
- Burgundy for Wine Lovers: Discover the many grapes of this diverse eastern French wine region. On the docket for discussion and degustation are whites made from chardonnay grapes, pinot noir grapes, gamay and sparkling crémants. LCBO Summerhill, 10 Scrivener Sq., 416-922-0403. Find out more »
Thursday, June 28
- Little India Food and Cultural Walking Tour: Learn about Indian culture and explore the restaurants, markets and food shops of this neighbourhood with the Culinary Adventure Company. 416-565-1730. Find out more »
- Meet your Meat!: Chef/butcher Kyle Deming, co-owner of Leslieville’s Sausage Partners, instructs a class about where your cuts of meat come from, focusing on the hog. Sausage Partners, 1378 Queen St. E., 416-778-6328. Find out more »
- Indulge: With a backdrop of live music (R&B, roots, jazz, country and pop) provided by Toronto-based musicians, enjoy a Thursday afternoon of international tastes. David Pecaut Square, 55 John St. Find out more »
Friday, June 29
- Bar Gilead Series: A Friday evening series at Jamie Kennedy’s Gilead focuses on exploring tapas and cocktail culture. 4 Gilead Pl., 647-288-0680. Find out more »
- Disco Diva Cupcake Decorating Class: Celebrate pride with Le Dolci by learning how to deck cupcakes with the spirit of the ’70s. Le Dolci, 1006 Dundas St. W., 416-262-3400. Find out more »
- Bike Blender Fridays: Every Friday morning in June, Patagonia serves free smoothies to bike commuters that they’ve whipped up with their bike-powered blender. Happy bike month! Patagonia, 500 King St. W., 416-861-1102. Find out more »
- Weekly drop-in dinner: Stop in for a $9 bottomless bowl of something tasty at The Depanneur’s weekly casual dinners. The Depanneur, 1033 College St., 416-828-1990. Find out more »
Saturday, June 30
- Asian Cold Noodles: Learn how to make Japanese soba, Chinese wheat noodles with poached chicken and sesame-mustard sauce, and Vietnamese grilled pork with vermicelli. St. Lawrence Market, 92-95 Front St. E., 416-392-7120. Find out more »
- Riverside/Leslieville Food and Cultural Walking Tour: Join the Culinary Adventure Company on an epicurean tour of Queen Street East, tasting Ontario wines, oysters, olive oils, cheeses and much more. 416-565-1730. Find out more »
- Stop Market Café: Enjoy a weekly meal sourced from ingredients found at the adjacent farmer’s market. Proceeds from the sale of food at the café are reinvested in The Stop’s programs. 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Green Barn, 601 Christie St. Find out more»
- Cupcake Bouquets: Confectionery novices learn how to create dazzling edible floral centrepieces. In this introductory class, you will be taught how to create chrysanthemums, roses and zinnias. Bonnie Gordon College, 868 Eglinton Ave. W., 416-440-0333. Find out more »
- Cupcake Couture: Explore the baking and decorating possibilities beyond Betty Crocker. Bonnie Gordon College, 868 Eglinton Ave. W., 416-440-0333. Find out more »
Sunday, July 1
- Iron Chef Poutine Edition: Four chefs—David Neinstein (Barque), Matt Pettit (Rock Lobster Food Co.), Micha Kennedy (Jamie Kennedy Kitchens) and Stephen Pynn (Bannock)—will show off their culinary prowess at Harbourfront’s kitchen stadium. Join them for an all-day event to find out who reigns supreme over Toronto poutine. Harbourfront Centre, Brigantine Room at the York Quay Centre, 235 Queens Quay W., 416-973-4000. Find out more »
- Sorauren Farmers’ Market: Monday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the field house at Sorauren Park. 50 Wabash Ave.
- East York Farmers’ Market: Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. 850 Coxwell Ave.
- Riverdale Farmers’ Market: Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. 201 Winchester St. (in Riverdale Park)
- Ryerson University MyMarket: Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Gould St., east of Yonge
- SickKids Hospital Farmers’ Market: Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 555 University Ave.
- Trinity Bellwoods Farmers’ Market: Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Northwest corner of Trinity Bellwoods Park near Dundas St. W. and Shaw St.
- 401 Richmond Farmers’ Market: Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. 401 Richmond St. W.
- Queens Quay Terminal Farmers’ Market: Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. 207 Queen’s Quay W.
- Bloor-Borden Farmers’ Market: Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Green P Lot, Lippincott St. and Bloor St. W.
- Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market: Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. 873 Dufferin St. (in Dufferin Grove Park)
- East Lynn Farmers’ Market: Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. 1949 Danforth Ave.
- Metro Hall Farmers’ Market: Thursday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. David Pecaut Square, 55 John St.
- North York Civic Centre Farmers’ Market: Thursday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Mel Lastman Square, 5100 Yonge St.
- Toronto Botanical Gardens Organic Farmers’ Market: Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. 777 Lawrence Ave. E.
- St. Lawrence North Farmers’ Market: Saturday from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. 92 Front St. E.
- Evergreen Brick Works Farmers’ Market: Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 550 Bayview Ave.
- The Stop Farmers’ Market: Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wychwood Barns, 601 Christie St.
- Withrow Park Farmers’ Market: Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 725 Logan Ave. (in Withrow Park)
- Junction Farmers’ Market: Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Green P Lot, 385 Pacific Ave.